March 18th 2020 - One of the Scariest Days of My Life

Never did I ever think I would write a blog post/article/whatever you want to call it. March 18th 2020 - the day I found out I tested positive for COVID-19. I'm not sure where to begin or why I'm even writing this. Definitely to bring awareness to the fact that it can happen to anyone, like a 26 year old, otherwise healthy female. Also somewhat selfishly I guess, to get these words down on paper. Maybe it will help it feel a little more bearable.

Saturday, 2/29/2020: I get engaged to the love of my life. He rented out part of a beautiful restaurant near our apartment. He had the General Manager of the restaurant, my best friends, and my family all in on this. His charming, convincing self (or my gullible self) was convinced we were getting engaged on March 21st at The Charthouse in Annapolis (if it had really been this date I would have been at home with COVID-19, so good thing it was really in February). Ask my co-workers, my best friends; I couldn't stop talking about March 21st 2020. Little did I know, that would be the day after my five-day hospital stay.

Saturday, 3/7/2020 - Sunday, 3/8/2020: Trip to New York. No one knew how bad this was. People were calling it a hoax. My friends and I would stupidly laugh that hand sanitizer was $119.99 on Amazon on 3/6/2020 while we had a drink to celebrate our engagement. We knew we had to be a little scared (my fiancé and I brought hand sanitizer on our trip, and we used it a lot - but we wouldn't have even made the trip had we known how bad this pandemic was becoming). We got to film something fun for my soon-to-be half brothers' B'nai Mitzvah. I got to see some of my college roommates/best friends, celebrate a friend's birthday, go out to a nice dinner with my new fiancé and our friends we hadn't seen in months, and stay at a beautiful hotel. I woke up Sunday morning 3/8/2020 a little hungover from a few too many hard seltzers, and my fiancé and I went to brunch at a small diner right by the hotel. We got onto the train and headed home. I did my grocery shopping for my upcoming work week (that ended up being one and a quarter days), and meal prepped. We had dinner with my parents and my sister, and I was feeling very happy. I was even getting ready to start looking at venues and smiled every time I looked down at my left ring finger.

Monday, 3/9/2020: I started clearing my throat and felt a little "off" that night. I woke my fiancé up at 3am with a racing heart rate. The heart rate literally woke me up. I was laying in bed and my heart rate was in the 'Cardio Zone' on my FitBit (which I have since stopped wearing for the time being because it was causing more panic than good). I was so scared, I even called my parents. My fiancé almost took me to the hospital. But I took my temperature and I didn't have a fever, so I tried to sleep it off. "It's just anxiety, right Cara?"

Tuesday, 3/10/2020: I wake up and still feel a little "off". Take my temperature, no fever. I took it about five times that morning just to be sure. I call my primary care physician's office, make an appointment with them at 5pm (the soonest they had), and go back to my parents house to sleep. I take my temperature - 100 point something. "Okay I'm fine. Just wait until you get to the doctor." I get to the doctor's office and take the elevator up and again, my heart rate shoots through the roof on my FitBit. I'm literally sitting down and my heart cannot slow down. But it's just anxiety! My doctor was convinced it was the flu; the lab was closed so I wasn't swabbed for the flu, and my lungs were clear. So I was sent home with TamiFlu and a Zpac, I was ready to feel better when those were finished in five days! I got this, just the flu. I had the flu shot, but my doctor explained that it was only 55% effective this year. Lucky me, I was in the 45%. Nope, wasn't the flu.

3/14/2020: My fever shoots to 103.1 in the middle of the night. I wake my mom up every 2 hours (bless her soul, seriously she is an angel on earth). I run into her room telling her I feel nauseous and suddenly I'm vomiting. "Vomiting?! Do I have a stomach bug on top of the flu? Why have I had a fever of 101 or higher for 4 days, after taking medicine and Tylenol around the clock????" I knew this wasn't the flu anymore. Every day I sat on the couch (actually a chair, that my sister named 'the isolation chair') with my family watching 'Big Little Lies' for the second time, 'Father of the Bride'; anything to get my mind off of feeling like absolute SHIT. But I'd just sit there and randomly start crying out of agony. My dad would make my favorite meals and bring me popsicles every hour, my mom would put cold washcloths on my head - nothing. was. helping.

3/15/2020: Continue talking with the on-call doctors with my mom doing most of the talking because I just felt so sick. The on-call doctor recommended I go to the ER because this was day 5 of a HIGH fever and completely not normal, especially with the vomiting and the cough. We get there and the automatic doors are literally LOCKED, and each person that walks into the hospital (visitor or not), is screened at the door. Have you traveled internationally in the last month? No. Have you traveled out of the state within the last two weeks? Yes. Immediately notes were written down and I was taken back to a room. My mom was able to come back with me, it was very "chill" compared to what I was about to experience in the following days. They came in, my fever was only 99.7 - of course, it would drop right when I get to the hospital. They swab my nose for the flu, COVID-19, any respiratory virus, do a strep test (almost puked). They do a chest X-Ray and determined that I had small pockets of fluid on my lungs that look like pneumonia and send me home with an inhaler prescription. "If it gets worse, don't wait for the 3 days that the test results take for COVID-19. Come back if you get worse." I'm thinking "Alright, I'm fine, doctors are sending me home, I'll rest to take care of the pneumonia and all I can do is wait."

3/16/2020: The first of the five worst days of my life. I wake up again, feeling horrendous. Was I being dramatic? "You just have to wait for the results, Cara. You're fine. Breathe in, breathe out." We finally get in touch with the doctor. They hear my symptoms, and send me straight back to the ER. This time, it was different. Scary different. Same set up with the doors, same questions, and when my answer was "yes" to the question, "Have you traveled to the tri-state area within the last two weeks?" the nurses' faces changed. They wrote things down faster this time, took me back to a room where I was immediately given a mask and told to fill out the papers. My mom was of course, comforting me because that's one of her specialities. "I'd be okay, my mom would come back again and they'd figure out what was wrong with me and I'd be out in no time. I was there yesterday!"

The nurse comes back in, takes my paperwork, and tells me it's time to go back to a room in the ER. My mom stands up to come with me and I hear "No, you are not going back with her." My heart sank, tears welled up in my eyes. I hugged my mommy and she was worried. I could see it on her face, and she is normally the master of hiding her worry, especially when it comes to her three "chickies". I told her I'd be a big girl and I'd be fine, while my heart pounded and I wiped my tears.

I'm rushed quickly back to an isolation room, very much like the rooms on 'Grey's Anatomy' (one of my favorite shows). Everyone around me was in panic. There were people on stretchers laying, and screaming in agony. "You can do this Cara, be a big girl, you'll be out in no time." (No, I wouldn't be). A white piece of paper is taped onto the outside of my door with Purple Sharpie that says "PUI". "What's PUI, Google??? Mom, dad? What's PUI?" I'm talking to them over FaceTime (and crying), when a wonderful nurse comes in (fully covered in a face shield, a mask, what looked like a blue plastic bag on her body, and purple gloves). She tells me they're going to do another chest X-Ray. "WHY?! I have pneumonia!!!! What else is there to look for?" My fever isn't 99.7 at the hospital anymore like yesterday, it's 102.

I'm hooked up to an IV. They draw samples of my blood. "THIS IV HURTS, ALL OF IT HURTS, TAKE IT OFF!!!" I immediately think of my friend who has CF (Cystic Fibrosis). We've known each other since 1st grade. "She does this all of the time!? Ugh. How. Okay Cara, come on you're fine." A very nice man comes in and does my chest X-Ray and tells me he hopes I feel better. It's 10pm, the nurse comes in and apologizes that the doctor is taking so long to review my blood work and X-Rays because he has so many patients, and hooks me up to Oxygen, placing a canula in my nose. "Ok. What. The. Fuck."

I lay there crying, FaceTiming my fiancé, texting my college best friends, crying some more, FaceTiming my parents and sisters. I haven't peed in hours. "Can I go to the bathroom?" "Nope, we can't have you going to the public restroom. We can bring you a pee bucket." The nurse brings the bucket in about 30 minutes later (she was working her ass off), my bladder is about to explode. I have to figure out how to get to the bucket with my IVs. Seriously what the fuck. I ask for some toilet paper but got some paper towels.

The doctor comes in. "You have severe bilateral pneumonia, worse in your right lung. You are being admitted to the hospital." "Ok, I know you probably can't answer this, but do I have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Do you think I have it?" "Yes, I do think you have it. But we won't know for at least three - five days." "What?! I got my test yesterday and they told me Wednesday the latest - again, what the fuck is going to happen to me." A woman comes in, "Why did you travel to New York?" I was stopped in my tracks. "Why? Hmm, not sure, just wanted to get some covid. I DIDN'T KNOW HOW BAD IT WAS, OBVIOUSLY. I WANT MY MOM AND YOU'RE ASKING ME WHY I TRAVELED WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS?" Doctor: "You're being admitted into the hospital".

I wanted my nurse to come with me. She was so sweet. She told me she wished she could come but she knows I'll be okay. "You're young, you will fight this." I held onto those words for the next four days. I'm literally wheeled in my hospital bed to a new floor at 12am. Lovely nurse was waiting for me, had ice water ready for me, showed me how to bring the IV pole (probably incorrect term) to the bathroom without ripping things out of my arm, and set me up in bed. "Ok Cara, it's uncomfortable but just do what they tell you to do, maybe you'll leave tomorrow."

Here I was, 26 years old, newly engaged, confused as hell, missing my family and crying like a baby. "How was I in the hospital overnight???? This has never happened to me before. I miss my apartment. I miss my kitty. I miss my fiancé. I miss my parents and sisters who have been taking care of me for the last week. Get me out of here."

3/18/2020, ~1:00am: Lights turn on. Nurse: "Cara, wake up. We're moving you to a different floor." Me: "Why?" ... No one answered me for about 10 seconds, which felt like 10 minutes. "You've tested positive." I'm wheeled to the next floor, where the transporter drops me off and I'm sitting alone in a room. It wasn't their fault, but the floor didn't even know I was coming. My mom calls the nurse's desk, they're over-worked and tired. A nurse comes in, he tries to be comforting but I can hear the fear in his voice, too. He told me a doctor would call me tomorrow, maybe come see me if he can, and to try to get some rest.

Continued FaceTime dates with my family and friends, everyone trying to cheer me up. A lot of it worked. But when the FaceTimes were over and my mom couldn't come visit me or give me a hug, and when my dad was turned away at the door to even drop off a bag with Shampoo/Conditioner (hadn't showered since 3/16 - lucky me I thought to shower before going to the ER), it all sunk in. "The virus got you, Cara. You're on oxygen. One of the nurses told you that if your lung function didn't improve, you may have to be intubated just two short days ago. But you didn't, you're fighting it." I want to go home. I can't.

3/19/2020: Doctor over the phone: "Your blood work looks good. Take off the oxygen, let's see how it goes." We tried this yesterday and I needed it right away, I wasn't hopeful. However - I ended up being surprised. I could breathe without something shooting Oxygen up my nose!!!!! The doctor called to check in a few hours later and unlike yesterday, I was able to give him the news that I didn't need it anymore. He would call in my prescriptions and I could leave today! ... Nope. My prescriptions weren't ready in time before the pharmacy closed. My night time nurse comes in (seriously, bless all of your souls. I'm sorry for being one of the terrified patients). She gives me my meds and tells me that I'm going to be here another night, my medicine wasn't ready. "WHAT!!!!!????" I was SO ready. So ready, that my parents had already set up a fridge in my room at home and so ready that my uncle picked up a microwave from a family friend (because the rest of my family was quarantined due to my lovely virus), and everything was set up and ready to go! I was dreaming of my shower, my Friends DVD collection, Netflix, Hulu, and my bed. "No more hospital wahoo!!!!" JK, you'll be here another night.

3/20/2020: I get to go home. I get to shower. I don't get to see my fiancé or kitty, but I get to go home to my family and my childhood room where I'm thankful enough to have my own bathroom (not sure how this would've worked if not). Thought I'd be strong enough to walk down to my mom's car by myself. I was wrong, had to call for a wheelchair to take me down. My mommy picks me up, such a big smile on her face. "I'm going home!!!" We get into my garage, I take off all of my clothes, we put them in a trash bag. I walk up the steps, my sisters say hi and tell me that they love me, I see my dad; my room is set up for me. I have to sit down on my bed to catch my breath before I can even put my bags down - the steps felt like running a marathon. I have to take a shower, the one I'd been dreaming of. Little did I know that a shower would be one of the most exhausting things I've done in a while.

3/24/2020: Day 5 of isolation in my bedroom, typing this out while my family is quarantined in our house. I'm sitting here talking to friends, waiting for my doctor to tell me the timeline of everything. Coughing (less frequently) and anxiously waiting to hear when I can return to my normal daily activities after the isolation period. But I'm not hooked up to IVs or Oxygen, I don't have a fever, and I hope it stays that way.

Stay safe and stay home. Tell everyone that you love, how much you love them, as many times as you can.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great piece of propaganda ! um no bed pan ? a bucket .. 55 pct effective flu shot ? okay ... god bless .. shalom

      Delete
    2. the left picture looks like a 50 year old woman and the right looks like a child .

      Delete
  2. The vomiting was probabIy from the TamifIu. So very gIad to hear you're turning the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a story and very well written. I'd say it was a page turner but because it's on the screen I guess it's more of a thumb flicker. Stay strong and hang in there. It sounds like you're well on your way to a full recovery

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying for your speedy recovery and so sorry you had to go through this ordeal! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your story. I’m so glad you’re on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cara I hope all is coming along well and that I’m praying for you and your family!!!! Continue to be the strong and courageous woman you are and have FAITH! Everything will be alright KEEP FIGHTING!!!!

    Love
    Keeks <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank God you made it through to tell the story. Thank you for sharing. Hoping your family and friends are all ok.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Cara,

    Thank you so much for sharing your story! What a journey, and an amazing account of courage, strength and support. I am praying for your continued strength and for the strength of your family during this challenging time. I have such respect and admiration for the Yerman family who I came to know in Lower School. I pray for continued healing!

    Shondra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this. I am 53 and undergoing chemo/radiation which puts me at high risk. I am in complete isolation except my appointments. My fear is that though I am doing everything possible to prevent exposure, I may get this and there might not be any resources for me because people just had to see the cherry blossoms at the Tidal Basin or had to had to meet up with all their friends at the beach because they are bored. No. This is not aimed at the younger crowd. I had to take my 78yr old dad to the woodshed for making unnecessary outings because no one is going to tell him what to do! If your sharing your truth convinces people to take this seriously and do what needs to be done, you have just improved my chances of survival! Hoping you have a speedy recovery and your family is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I don’t even know what to say other than I’m thinking of you, and thank you for your kind words! If I can help in any other way, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Thinking of you in this crazy time and hoping you get well soon.

      Delete
  11. You are an AMAZINGLY BRAVE & Selfless woman. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to understand your journey and the similitude of what others maybe encountering. I am certain this story will continue to bless others. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how real you are. Your vulnerability has the potential to save lives out there. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your story you are amazing. Be save God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your story Cara. I sent this to my 29 yr old daughter who dont take the virus seriously. I am a nurse and thank you for my acknowledging my colleagues on the front lines whom took great care of you. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cara, I'm so glad you're on your way to a full recovery and that you shared the story with your wonderfully engaging way. Hopefully, it will save someone else from being careless or thoughtless. I'll echo Shondra's comment about a special connection to your family and great admiration for your courage and the courage of your parents and sisters as they watched you go through this ordeal. I wish you all the best - especially with your upcoming wedding!

    Zibby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank u for sharing, glad ur feeling better! My prayers to u, ur family and the entire world!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds terrifying. I’m happy you are doing better. I haven’t been around other people for 16 days and your blog is giving me the strength to stay isolated for a while longer. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s what I hoped for, thank you Martea. You’re helping others!

      Delete
    2. Yes...this is terrifying, but there many other things that affect others in the same manner. I have 1 of those things, I just turned 75 and I only hope you, Cara, stay well and free from any other issues or problems.

      Delete
  18. Dear Cara,
    You are such a brave young woman! You kept such a positive outlook on the situation even though you were obviously very, very sick. My 30-year-old daughter lives in NYC and I’m terrified for her. Thanks for being so open with all this information. I pray that you continue to recover and you can continue with your amazingly bright future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm a Type 1 Diabetic who had a pneumonia shot a few years ago due to experiences the disease 3 times in my life. My lungs held fluid in them for years, and because of my fight with ill-health, I'm constantly experiencing rapid heart rate...all the way up to 132 bpm without exercise and sometimes difficulty breathing. I can't imagine fighting worse so getting COVID-19 scares me.

    My work is deemed essential and they want me to travel to New York. Thanks to your news, I might be able to persuade them to not include me in that trip. I'm not medical but in the financial institution industry.

    I wish you a quick recovery and am grateful that you are sharing your experiences. Stay safe and strong.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn,

      I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope it can help you with work. Thinking of you!

      Delete
  20. Hi cara. Ty for ur story of ur journey. I'm 53. Infazema and copd. I'm been isolated now for 9 days by of fear what the virus would do to me. So happy to hear ur feeling better. Ur journey reassures me I'm doing all that I can do. Prayers to you and all the world. Please keep me posted on ur condition. Can't wait to see u smile again.😎😷😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing better each day, thank you for the kind message.

      Delete
  21. Dear Cara,
    I'm glad you are on the mend. What a powerful story you have shared. I wish you the best as you recover fully. On a happier note, congratulations on your engagement! I hope you will have a wonderful lifetime together.
    Dante

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope your sisters and mom and dad don't develop this. May you feel better and better every day, and soon be cuddling your kitty. And your fiance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good for YOU, Cara! It’s terribly scary to be in an ICU room—that you never expected to be in—and then to have to stay an extra night! Argh! That was my experience when they figured out that my radiation poisoning from my cancer treatments—was way worse than they thought. But you did it! And you will ALWAYS BE STRONGER for it. Always. Thank goodness we both had our Springsteen playlists. Bruuuuce makes everything better. I’m wicked happy for you and proud of your “I can do this” attitude. Remember, there’s magic in the night!
    ����������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mo,
      This brought tears to my eyes! If I could do it, you can. You’re so strong and I admire you and will be thinking of you. Bruce has been my rock through it all - I’m so glad he helps you too. There’s definitely magic in the night, hold onto that! ❤️

      Delete
  24. What a scary experience! Thanks for sharing. How are you feeling now? How is your family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All are ok, thank god! Knock on wood it stays that way. Thanks for the message!

      Delete
  25. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so glad you have been able to come home and be with your family again. I am sure it was scary. Glad you are on the mend. Continued health you you and your family. With G-d's help may this virus end soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! I Iive in New Rochelle N.Y, where the 2nd case was confirmed on March 3. I thought I escaped, but developed a mild sore throat 3 days ago. No temp yet. After reading your story I think I am screwed. I am not young, but I feel like a scared little boy. I am happy for you. Good luck, God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I hope your symptoms stay the same and nothing more! Stay healthy.

      Delete
  27. Initially i took this lightly however after the initial week of isolation I started to research stories and studies on this disease and as a result of my findings i realized being quarantined is real and revelant. After reading your story I feel compelled to tell you that having both your parents and siblibgs throughout all this is a blessing in and of itself. I salute your braveness and you family for their support. I truly miss my mom and sister and prayerfully I will be spared of this horrible experience however knowing that all things are possible and after reading your story Im able to see the glass as half full. Stay strong. Love hard and never forget you are stronger than you most woman your age. My prayers wll continue for you as well as this country until a vaccine is available for this horrible disease..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. So happy to hear it’s helping others realize how serious this is.

      Delete
  28. I am in washington state. Self quarantining. My symptoms started with a rasp in my lungs, maybe 10or more days ago. Then body aches, a slight cough. Then this last week fatigue, like being hit by a train. Constant pressure in my chest, thursdaynight low grade fever 101.6,, digestive issues, etc. The fever only lasted like for only 20 hours. I facetimed withmy Dr. Although he thinks it may be Covid, they are not testing in this area unless you are afmitted to the hospital. I was feeling better today, but now my throat is burning and pressure in my chest seems to be getting heavier. My lungs feel really irritated. How long was your fever for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a fever for 10 days. I hope you are ok! Keep speaking up to your doctors if you feel like you could have it.

      Delete
  29. Great story. you are a fighter. May you recover soon and get back to normal life. Be blessed .

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Cara,
    Young lady, thanks for being courageous and thoughtful in sharing your story with others. Praying for both you and your family. I have faith that you will recover from this horrific experience and become even more of a blessing than you already have , by sharing your story, for those who may have to walk the journey you are on. Know that many people of various ethnic groups are sending prayers toward your speedy recovery. I experience you as our collective hero.-Namaste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that means a lot. Thank you so much for the kind words, stay healthy ❤️

      Delete
  31. Thank you for your honesty. I've a good friend who doesn't believe in the seriousness of this pandemic so I shared your story with him. Get well soon, get married and go out and keep helping others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully he’ll start to believe it. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  32. Glad you are better. And thanks for telling your story. I know it will make people think more seriously about this disease. You are so strong and brave as is your family. Btw I believe you are right about IV pole being the term. But you think that the people who make them would make them easier to use. 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jane ❤️ Stay safe and healthy.

      Delete
  33. So exceptionally proud of you for doing this, Car- For various reasons! So happy you are home and safe and going back to your apartment Tomorrow. Love you so much. Talk to you soon. ��������

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cara, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I pray that your recovery is swift and complete. I hope your words of wisdom reach the people who need to read them. Take extra special care.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm so glad you're doing better and had a non fatal outcome! But I have a few questions. Did it start off with a sore throat? Or a persistent itch in the back of your throat?

    ReplyDelete
  36. I understand entirely what you went through. You are very lucky to have such an amazing family by your side. Glad you are feeling better. Keep writing!

    Read my story: mysterydiagnosisaml.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t wait to read this later today, thank you for sharing ❤️

      Delete
  37. Thanks for sharing, I hope you are doing better and wish you nothing but the best.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you so much! Stay safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you for sharing your terrifying story so eloquently, Cara. Best wishes on your engagement and your wedding planning! Stay safe, and continue to be well.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you for sharing your story. I am thankful that you are on the mend and shared your story. It is a bare reality that will touch many and change the behavior of many. I work in what is considered an essential business so I am required to go to work daily, we attempt social distancing and our customer contact is limited. We are more consciously washing our hands to where they are raw, wiping down phones and surfaces and using wipes and hand sanitizer. Even doing all of this it does not mitigate the fear. Thank you Lord for sparing Cara's life and giving her the courage to share her story. God's speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that it gets easier at work for you. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  41. Just read this and glad to see you are making a full recovery. My father was just released from the hospital yesterday. I have asthma but work for the federal government and am considered mission essential so working from home and staying inside with my family. I’ve seen combat in Iraq and Afghanistan and this is definitely scary as it’s enemy you can’t see and seems able to affect young and old, healthy and unhealthy. Glad your story is ending positively.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Cara! This is Kit B. Thank you for sharing your story, and I'm so glad you're okay now!!! Congrats on being a speech language pathologist and congrats on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Kit! So good to hear from you, hope you’re doing well ❤️

      Delete
  43. Hi Cara - So thankful that you are healing. How are you doing now? I like to see stories of recoveries. This is most uplifting during uncertain times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for the kind words. I’m doing great, back to working (from home) as of today! Stay healthy and well

      Delete
  44. I couldn’t put your blog down. It was so informative and moving. Two fridays ago I woke up with a dry throat and small dry cough, but was scared me was the tightness in my chest and my heart beating really hard. I went to the ER but was sent home with referral to see a cardiologist. Took me a week to get an appointment. I go on Wednesday so we shall see what’s going on. I’m so glad you made it through and your story will inspire others to fight like you did! To many people are going out and not following the CDC or government’s executive orders. I stopped working to protect myself because my husband has sever asthma and allergies that really only attacks his lungs and breathing. So I have been trying to protect him by protecting myself. Even though he is only 30, I don’t believe he would survive this virus. I have seen him collapse from cat dander! (He calls me the crazy cat lady because I rescue cats from my neighborhood and find them good homes. I have two I adopted right off the streets and always bring in the pregnant cats and find them and their babies good homes) this virus would mostly likely kill him. Anyway, glad your doing better! Stay safe and be careful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, I truly appreciate it. I hope your appointments go well! Stay healthy and safe.

      Delete

Post a Comment